7880 internalbag design

Hi Inkjetmall,

I just ordered your piezography pro inks and am getting ready to charge my 7880, but low and behold the cartridges you shipped me is some different internal bag design - not what I’m used to. I’m reading the filling procedure you send me and somethings seems off.

This is the cartridge I received:
viber%20image

The instructions I received seems to be from a previous design than the one I received. Anyhow using common sense I’ve filled it as made sense on the new design. However one thing that concerns me is this:

Point 7 from the instructions, page 3 (instructions from 01/30/2018): “These cartridges contains bags, which must be TOTALLY filled with ink and ALL air removed before installing into the printer…”

Well I filled all of my 350ml ink and this is the result:

viber%20image

According to the instructions I’m supposed to prime this one with the cartridges standing upright. Seems like I’m 30-40ml short of being able to do that. When I try to prime I can see air is reducing (i.e because the bag is contracting). I just wanted to know if this is ok? It’s not what is stated in the manual. (It sais it has to be FULL). I’m a bit surprised that you need more than 350ml ink to get started using these cartridges.

My intuition would have me prime it in this direction, but I do not know if that is correct either:

viber%20image

Looking forward to your advice. Just want to be 100% sure before I proceed!

If you look at the instructions they are for two types of cartridges. You have the second type and should skip to the instructions for that type.

https://shop.inkjetmall.com/c.362672/site/techdocs/7800_9800_7880_9880_Fill_Instructions.pdf

This is on the first page. While it may look like you have a bag inside your cartridge it is only an air-bag and not an ink-bag.

best,
Walker

It really doesn’t look like the 2nd type to me Walker. Or is it a highly different redesign of the 2nd design? That “air bag” is really confusing me. My previous cartridges - currently loaded with piezoflush is the 2nd design. This one looks exactly like whats described in the fill instructions:

viber%20image1

However my new ones looks neither like first nor the second type:

viber%20image2 viber%20image3

True enough. We had to do some emergency iterations of our x880 cartridge designs a bit ago and this was what we settled on but the instructions were updated before this final design was even in our hands so it’s probably time I re-photograph and re-edit the instructions entirely. Truth be told this is the first time someone has brought this up to my memory. I think maybe I figured the “TOP FILL” note would be enough to get people to go to the TOP FILL instruction page (Page 6) . . . will re-photo/update when my task-list allows.

Thanks for bringing this up BTW. So many products to track that sometimes these things slip.

-Walker

What the emergency of this iteration? I take it its a good design still? :slight_smile:

Regarding the TOP FILL note - I don’t see that anywhere in the instructions (yes its there in your attached PDF - it is NOT there in the later version of the document (1/30/2018):

viber%20image

For me when I read the provided printed instructions it is 100% clear that I have to go to page 2 (first style) - it literately states - “If you have the INTERNAL BAG style cart proceed to page 2”. Then afterwards it states “If you have the NON-BAG style cart proceed to page 6”. So I figured - “yep” - there’s a bag. That must be page 2 for me.

Anyhow I’ve used your guys products before so I’m used to the documentation, etc being a “moving target” - I totally get that :slight_smile: The thing that freaked me out was the statement about the bag having to be completely full. But now I shall treat my cartridges as the type 2 and get on with it. Thanks for the fast feedback.

Michael