7700 Cyan cartridge stopped working

We filled up our new bought refillable cyan cartridge to install it on an Epson Stylus pro 7700. After several tryouts the red light never turned green but after installing it on the plotter it worked and printed fine. After about 15 large plots it is now giving a message: “Ink Cartridge error, replace cartridge” and it stopped working. What could be the possible reasons for this?

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulty with this refillable cartridge. After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased refillable cartridges last year. New chips already read full, so do not need to be reset before installing into the printer. I wonder if something related to the several attempts at resetting the new chip damaged or shorted it out, though it was correctly accepted and working in your printer for a while before the error appeared.

From your explanation, it sounds like the error you’re getting is somehow chip related- either a bad connection between the cartridge chip and printer’s chip sensor, or possibly the chip is no longer working correctly. I recommend you first try pushing all the refill carts towards the left, by following the info in the top section of this FAQ section: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?134-Large-Format-Refillable-Cartridges
If that doesn’t resolve the error, turn the printer off then back on to reset, and also try removing and reinserting the Cyan cartridge, then let me know if the error continues or changes. If this doesn’t do the trick, I suggest you get a set of replacement chips, which we recommend everyone have on hand in case a chip needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have questions, your results, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding Dana. We’ll try these steps, hopefully it works.

7700: We are also having a problem with our Cyan. Yesterday I filled a Cyan refillable cartridge got yeh first time and printer seemed to recognize it indicating it full. However printing my work showed that Cyan was missing from the “mix”. A nozzle check showed that cyan was working but only half of the paired test printouts. All the others printed both test patterns. Cleaned heads before test.

Reading thru past posts, I’m curious if you were able to resolve the first issue you were experiencing with your cyan cart back in August (I never heard back to know if the problem was resolved or not following my suggestion). After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased the cyan position refill cart in July 2012, along with four other carts and ConeColor ink.

When was the cyan position last printing fully?
How often is the printer used vs. how long does it sit unused?
How often are cartridges agitated?
What was the remaining ink level in the cartridge when it was removed and refilled?
Was the cartridge primed to remove air from the bag and fill the exit channel with ink before reinstalling into the printer?
How many of what type of cleaning cycles have you done?
Have nozzle checks improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse after cleaning?
What are the humidity and temperature levels in your printing environment?
Have you ever cleaned the printer’s capping station, wiper blade and/or bottom of the print head? If not, I recommend you read and follow our recommended cleaning/maintenance procedures here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

Please answer the questions above so I can help figure out the cause and solution to help you get back to happily printing, and let me know if you have questions.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: