4900 - All left side cartridges go into error mode when LC cartridge is installed

Hi. Attached are two images. I have replaced about half of my cartridges with the cone inks and cartridges. For some reason, I now get an error for all my left side Epson 4900 cartridges when the Cone LC cartridge is installed. If I remove it, all of the others go back to normal (as shown in the two images). What is the solution to this? Or the cause? The Cone LC is almost full of ink but I have noticed that most of my Cone cartridges do not slide in and out of the printer as easily as the OEM’s, but the LC one has always been particularly bad (I periodically pull them to agitate them and noticed this). Thanks for your help.

Hello~

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased the 4900 refillable carts in May 2013, so the chip batteries are over a year old.
Have you been using this LC cartridge, and it’s been working up until recently- or did you just install this LC cart and get the error right away?
Based on the age of your chip batteries, I believe replacing the LC chip battery, or getting a new LC chip will resolve your issue.

You can find information about replacing chip batteries here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/wordpress/product-use/r3000-cartridge-batteries/
have replacement batteries and 4900 chips available here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.84882/.f

Please let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks Dana. I was wondering about the batteries but didn’t know why one failure would cause the entire side to go belly up. (the LC cartridge has been working up until now, just very stiff as I mentioned such that it doesn’t always spring/pop out and I need to grasp it and pull it out) I think I will change all of the batteries regardless since they are over one year. In the meantime, should I get a new LC cartridge that fits better? I don’t want the current one to damage the spring on the printer. What do you think?

Yes, occasionally I have experienced where one dead chip/battery can cause errors with other position carts. I assume they are somehow connected in how the printer reads them (?)
If you feel the light cyan cartridge is a bit tighter fit than others, then you can certainly get a new cart, though I would first check to make sure the side plastic piece is attached correctly, and not bowed out.

~Dana