38xx cart not venting properly?

Hello,

I sent a message through the website but did not receive a response. Hopefully this works better :slight_smile:

I have successfully filled 7 of the newer style 38xx carts using the “standard” method of removing the orange cap, sticking the priming tip into the outlet port, and drawing ink. The several I have currently installed are working wonderfully!
However, on my most recent order, one of the carts (cyan) seemed to develop a significant vacuum when performing this process, even with the orange cap removed. All prior cartridges could be emptied if I kept pulling on the outlet port, however this cart (cyan) eventually stopped letting me pull ink out (due to too much vacuum). Vacuum was verified by a popping sound when the fill hole plug was removed.

While the priming areas filled with ink, I’m worried that the vacuum will eventually prevent the printer from receiving ink. It seems to me that the cartridge’s venting system is somehow blocked. Please advise.

It sounds like your cyan cart isn’t working as it should, and like the others- so I will have a replacement sent to you.

Please let me know if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! Received and filled the new one today and it behaves as expected.

Cheers!

Excellent, I’m glad to hear- thanks for letting me know.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: