3880 Stored w/Piezo

Hi, Just finished a major move of office. Stored 3880 with your cartridges and resets chips and original Epson chips, ran Piezo until old inks (in all lines) were flushed and prints showed the very light pink of the Piezo. Put printer away for 3 months.

• fired up printer, ran test prints, all heads printing light pink fluid (did numerous times), good results.
  • inserted your cartridges (all except three original epsons which were stored properly)
  • after install (which included cleaning chip contact surfaces (upper and lower chips) with 99% alcohol), received “No cartridge installed” message.
  • reseated all carts, same message
  • removed carts, checked the three pins on bottom of Cone’s chips, nothing bent, all pins even in length, checked orientation of original Epson chips, all oriented correctly
    -reseated all carts, same message
  • lifted, gently, Cone carts, message jumped to “Ink cover open, please close…” Closed ink access lid, “No cartridge installed” message.
  • inserted shims (wedges) per instructions on this forum. ‘cover open’ appeared, closed cover, all carts showed up.
  • Checked cart levels, two epson carts read less than 25% full, filled Cone with appropriate inks, primed the carts and installed (with original epson chips from depleted carts)
  • Closed ink cover, message of ‘no cart installed’ reappears. Opened ink cover, wiggled carts, nothing now.
  • replaced shims on all carts, no joy, gently lifted Cone carts again, no help.
  • removed -all- carts, rechecked chip orientation, checked contact pins on Epson printer, no bent pins, all looked fine.

During the above exercise, I also turned off printer for 15 minutes (unplugged), turned on, no cart installed. Repeated above, same. Read through forums for similar issues and seems your ‘wedge’ worked, as it did for me before putting the printer in storage.

Not sure what to do at this point, any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron Winckler
info@mauiisland.com

[QUOTE=mauiisl;4445]Hi, Just finished a major move of office. Stored 3880 with your cartridges and resets chips and original Epson chips, ran Piezo until old inks (in all lines) were flushed and prints showed the very light pink of the Piezo. Put printer away for 3 months.

• fired up printer, ran test prints, all heads printing light pink fluid (did numerous times), good results.
  • inserted your cartridges (all except three original epsons which were stored properly)
  • after install (which included cleaning chip contact surfaces (upper and lower chips) with 99% alcohol), received “No cartridge installed” message.
  • reseated all carts, same message
  • removed carts, checked the three pins on bottom of Cone’s chips, nothing bent, all pins even in length, checked orientation of original Epson chips, all oriented correctly
    -reseated all carts, same message
  • lifted, gently, Cone carts, message jumped to “Ink cover open, please close…” Closed ink access lid, “No cartridge installed” message.
  • inserted shims (wedges) per instructions on this forum. ‘cover open’ appeared, closed cover, all carts showed up.
  • Checked cart levels, two epson carts read less than 25% full, filled Cone with appropriate inks, primed the carts and installed (with original epson chips from depleted carts)
  • Closed ink cover, message of ‘no cart installed’ reappears. Opened ink cover, wiggled carts, nothing now.
  • replaced shims on all carts, no joy, gently lifted Cone carts again, no help.
  • removed -all- carts, rechecked chip orientation, checked contact pins on Epson printer, no bent pins, all looked fine.

During the above exercise, I also turned off printer for 15 minutes (unplugged), turned on, no cart installed. Repeated above, same. Read through forums for similar issues and seems your ‘wedge’ worked, as it did for me before putting the printer in storage.

Not sure what to do at this point, any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron Winckler
info@mauiisland.com[/QUOTE]

OK…continued to wedge, wiggle and mess with the cartridges [Cone]. Finally traced to the Cone PhotoBlack cartridge. Needed to ‘wedge’ from side and bottom with extra wedge at base of cartridge (end closest to ink cover door) causing the cartridge to ‘tilt’ forward a little.

Used two reset chips as provided by InkJet Mall (I purchased two entire cartridge sets, one for purging the other for ink) in the photoblack cartridge to make sure the one chip wasn’t bad, it wasn’t.

Am now going to purge the piezo from the ink lines and, hopefully, start printing again.

Hi Ron~

Thanks for the detailed information, and I’m sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced with the Piezo carts, though glad you were able to find your answer on the forum, and the wedge trick worked for you.

Please keep me posted, and let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: