3880 not loading paper

I haven’t to been able use my printer for a few months. The printer has worked flawlessly and the print heads have not needed any head cleaning even after sitting awhile. Last night trying to load a piece of glossy paper to print a head check it wouldn’t feed. Plain paper faired worse as it just crunched the front edge but didnt take the paper in. When my old 2100 had build up on the wheels it would just spin. that doesn’t seem to be the issue here. Any ideas?

Keep the left edge slider about 1/8 to 1/4 away from the left edge of the paper during feed. Keep the right edge of the paper against the right edge guide. Should fix your issue.

best,
Walker

Hi Walker,
The width of the guides is not the issue. I have tried that. The paper isnt being drawn in. Ive added a video to show you. This happened out of the blue. My other 3880 is working fine. Paper feed issue. if the video isnt running try setting the frame rate to 480.

This is more of a workaround than a solution, but have you tried using the rear-feed? If so, what happens? If not, give it a try and let us know what happens.

I’ve currently got 3 3880s and before that I had 2 3800s. I use the rear-feed 80-90% of the time, but the sheet-feed on one of the 3800s had trouble similar to yours. I never did find a way to fix it, but it worked fine using the rear-feed.

~ Keith