3880 Jamming Print Head

Hello

I have a 3880 with which I was printing my first borderless 13 by 19.

1. After printing 1/3 of it I heard a loud noise (smash/sprong) I pulled the:( paper back out to see some solid color parallel lines just before where the print stopped. There was a code 1121 “phone epson”

2. Second attempt I was able to move the carriage to the right with a bit of effort and it jammed up immediately error code 1127.

3. Third try after adjusting platen and paper thickness to the largest. jam, clang - - error code 1120.

On one of the jams it decided to go through a print head cleaning.

*There are some small rollers on the print head unit that seems to lock the unit in the wrong place?

Help, help: any suggestions or information, web sites?

Thanks kindly - James

The solution to your problem is not exactly painless. It is to set a paper size of 13x17. This will eject your paper before it exits the back roller. Your paper is curling up after it exits the back rollers but before it’s done printing (the front rollers grab the paper at that point but the back of the paper is free.)

This printer does not have a vacuum suction like larger cousins.

//

If you absolutely need 19" printed, curl the paper bac away form the emulsion side on that end of the paper. it will then lie flatter.

best,
Walker

Thank you for this suggestion.
Sorry I must now make more clear and say "I can not even print a 81/2 by 11 ??:frowning:

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;13404]The solution to your problem is not exactly painless. It is to set a paper size of 13x17. This will eject your paper before it exits the back roller. Your paper is curling up after it exits the back rollers but before it’s done printing (the front rollers grab the paper at that point but the back of the paper is free.)

This printer does not have a vacuum suction like larger cousins.

//

If you absolutely need 19" printed, curl the paper bac away form the emulsion side on that end of the paper. it will then lie flatter.

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

That depends upon if your 8.5x11 paper is curling and hitting your print-head. Test and see.

best,
Walker