3880 cartridge problem

I bought a set of your cartidges about 6 months ago. I successfully replaced two but I am having trouble with the third which is yellow. At first it wouldn’t register as in at all but after replacing all the carts a few times somehow I managed to get it to read and was able to make a few prints. I turned it off and then on again today and again the LCD is reading “no ink cartidges”. I followed some instructions I found on the forum removing all the carts and the waste cartidge, turned off the machine for 3 minutes and then after turning it on reinserted the waste cartidge and snapped in all of the cartidges. Now the lcd showed only the yellow was missing - but still no cuppie doll. I have very carefully followed your initial instructions and am quite certain that I did not damage the original epson chip which I laid as described under your reset chip. The three spring loaded prongs are all the same length. I have lightly abraded them with a very fine paper. The three plastic tabs are correctly holding down the reset chip. I have lightly gone over the reset chip with an eraser. Nothing has worked. I have noticed however that when I push the yellow cart further in or to the side it seems to read. Someone mentioned something about wedging.

What do you think is the problem and how can I reliably fix it?

I am coming up against an exhibition deadline and am based in Australia so I am starting to sweat it. Your help will be great appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Harmon

Hi Paul~

Thanks for providing such detailed information, and or already checking the cartridge chips. I apologize for not responding sooner, we are closed for holiday vacation, but I’m answering tech support from home a few hours a day.

From what you explain, it sounds like the yellow cartridge isn’t firing in the printer perfectly, which is causing the errors you’re experiencing. I have occasionally seen one position cause errors with other carts, or even the whole set. Maybe 4-5 carts out of thousands we’ve sold have had slightly imperfect fit, and displayed errors, but these situations were resolved by folding a small (like 4x3”) piece of typing paper a few times (to be about 1x3” folded), and place it under the cartridge while pushing the cartridge into place, which slightly raises the cart and corrects for a slight off-fit.

Please give this a try and let me know your results, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi - I am having the same difficulty with my epson 3880 magenta cartridge - though my printer has never recognized the cartridge (the 3 other replacement cartridges I purchase work fine) .
I have tried all the above described fixes - included trying the paper wedging with no positive results.
Perhaps it is a faulty chip?
Thanks, Ann

Hi Ann~

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased a 3800 magenta cartridge, which will not work in a 3880 printer. If you have a 3880 printer, then you will need to use a 3880 Vivid Magenta reset chip, which you can order and attach to your current cart, but you also have Magenta ink, and need Vivid Magenta for the 3880 printer model. Please verify your printer model so I can help you get past this and back to happily printing.

Hi Dana ~
I do indeed have a 3880 ~ so I will need cartridge w/ chip and vivid magenta ink
Ann

Ok, that explains why your printer isn’t accepting the cartridge! This is the cartridge and ink you’ll need for your 3880 printer: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.5841/.f

Please let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Thanks Dana, I’ve just placed my order for the correct ink. Ann

Excellent- that should do the trick :slight_smile: