3880 black ink looks flat

I do a bit of printing for other studio’s and was recommended to look into inkjet mall’s inks. Beginning with my 3880 I just replaced all ink’s…after I flushed out the old lines with 2 power cleans I made a custom profile. Now, when I print on Epson Luster the images look way to flat–no depth in the blacks like the epson inks had. I did go back and use the epson profile as well with no change. Has anyone had any issue as this or a recommended solution? Thank you!

After reviewing your order history, I see you recently purchased a set of ConeColor Pro ink bottles and refillable carts for your Epson 3880. You should be able to get great results with ConeColor inks on Luster paper, as you did with Epson inks. Are you printing from Mac or Windows? What operating system version? What Media Type setting are you selecting in the print driver? Is your printer in MK or PK mode? Are all eight channels fully printing on your nozzle check?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;5622]After reviewing your order history, I see you recently purchased a set of ConeColor Pro ink bottles and refillable carts for your Epson 3880. You should be able to get great results with ConeColor inks on Luster paper, as you did with Epson inks. Are you printing from Mac or Windows? What operating system version? What Media Type setting are you selecting in the print driver? Is your printer in MK or PK mode? Are all eight channels fully printing on your nozzle check?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dana…Yes, nozzle check looks perfect. I’m running Windows 7, PK, Ultra Premium Luster paper.

Thanks for the additional information. Can you please send me a photo or scan so I can see what you’re referring to as “flat- no depth in the blacks”, it would be especially helpful if you have a good print of the same image for comparison. Please also send screen captures of your print settings for me to review.

Thanks~ Dana