3800 reset procedure not working

I had my 3800 working fine right after I installed everything a month ago. But today I started up the printer and it is showing all carts as missing.

I followed the printer reset instructions included in your documentation three times, but it has not made any difference.

I have ejected, reinserted and wiggled the carts to ensure that they are seated properly, but none of this changes anything. I can’t imagine that NONE of the carts are making a connection.

Desperate for a solution.

James Haney

Hi James,

Do you have the OEM carts you can “Plug n Play” until you find the culprit? Sometimes when there’s 1 faulty control chip you will get this error with all the carts, or if 1 cart is not making good contact with the chip read sensor, the same will occur.

While the printer is on and the cover switch is tripped to trick the printer into thinking it’s closed, push each cartridge in or up/down to see if you can get a chip read on any of the carts.

Let me know your results,
Kelly

[QUOTE=KellyC;4774]Hi James,

Do you have the OEM carts you can “Plug n Play” until you find the culprit? Sometimes when there’s 1 faulty control chip you will get this error with all the carts, or if 1 cart is not making good contact with the chip read sensor, the same will occur.

While the printer is on and the cover switch is tripped to trick the printer into thinking it’s closed, push each cartridge in or up/down to see if you can get a chip read on any of the carts.

Let me know your results,
Kelly[/QUOTE]

Don’t have any OEM carts to test with. I have wiggled and jiggled ever way imaginable and can’t get anywhere.

Hi James~

Occasionally one cart can not have a tight connection between the chip and printer’s hip sensor, which can cause all carts to read “no cart”. In my experience, this one cartridge position is often the yellow for some reason (I don’t know how the chip sensors are programmed/configured, so the Y may somehow be tied in with the other differently?).
Please unlock all 9 carts, then push them all back in snugly, while watching the printer’s LCD panel. When the LCD says “cartridge door open, close door” is when it sees all the cartridge chips, and it’s ok to close the door (but, if it says “no cart” or a similar message, then it’s not time to close the door). On a rare occurrence, the Y cart chip doesn’t have a tight connection with the chip sensor, and adding a thin wedge of paper under the cart makes a good connection for consistent/good read. To do this, take a piece of regular typing paper, about 3x4", and fold it in 1/2 twice so you have a 3x1" folded strip. tape the paper wedge to the bottom of the cart, and insert the cartridge into the printer so it locks into place.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with this paper wedge trick, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4850]Hi James~

Occasionally one cart can not have a tight connection between the chip and printer’s hip sensor, which can cause all carts to read “no cart”. In my experience, this one cartridge position is often the yellow for some reason (I don’t know how the chip sensors are programmed/configured, so the Y may somehow be tied in with the other differently?).
Please unlock all 9 carts, then push them all back in snugly, while watching the printer’s LCD panel. When the LCD says “cartridge door open, close door” is when it sees all the cartridge chips, and it’s ok to close the door (but, if it says “no cart” or a similar message, then it’s not time to close the door). On a rare occurrence, the Y cart chip doesn’t have a tight connection with the chip sensor, and adding a thin wedge of paper under the cart makes a good connection for consistent/good read. To do this, take a piece of regular typing paper, about 3x4", and fold it in 1/2 twice so you have a 3x1" folded strip. tape the paper wedge to the bottom of the cart, and insert the cartridge into the printer so it locks into place.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with this paper wedge trick, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana[/QUOTE]

OK,

So it turned out to be the Magenta cart!!! Hurray!! I am not printing happily again. Thanks for all your help.

I’m glad you were able to determine which cartridge was causing your errors, but you are not printing? (or did you mean to write you are now happily printing again?) Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana