Thanks Dana. I really don't know what has happened. I have followed the instructions and left the1430 with flush carts and a good nozzle check. The Easyfills had blutac over the air holes and were stored in Ziploc bags. Two months later, when I came to restore it, I had a good nozzle check on the flush, and agitated the carts. It's a long story but I started off with many missing segments. After umpteen head cleans and nozzle checks, I still had a couple of missing segments in a couple of the carts, and it just didn't sort itself out by leaving it to stand or purge patterns etc. I swapped between flush and ink a couple of times. Each time I got a good check with flush and a bad one with ink
Today, I have driven 300 miles with the printer and inks. I put in the flush carts and got a good nozzle check. After the head cleans, I did another nozzle check with the ink installed and it was perfect, as was another that I have just done. I have no idea why it has now decided to work.
I hope that you can see some logic in this. It is escaping me.