1400 does not recognize easy Fill keys

Using easy fill keys in my 1400 - took them out to switch the capsules from Piezoflush to K6, when I put them back in the printer none of them are recognized - I did the off/on , unplugged, disconnected from computer and unplugged , things - nothing seems to work

Hi Berel~

After reviewing your order history, I see you’ve purchased keys and capsules for both “77” and “79” compatible printers, which are you using in your 1400?
Have you tried removing the keys and capsules, making sure they’re all snapped together tightly, then reinstall, making sure they snap snugly into the cartridge chamber?

Please let me know so I can help you get past this and back to happily printing.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana

I have one set for my 1400 at school and one set for my r260 at home - no mix up there - and everything was working fine before I set the 1400 up to sit for the summer with the piezoflush - during the year I refilled capsules and returned them to the printer - no problems - this just cropped up now - I have put them in and taken them out several times - tried the unplug and let it sit - - no luck - and its all of the carts - not just one - its like the reset is not happening - and i can’t make it happen - I do have a chip resetter - but the chip does not look like the ones I normally reset - not sure if the pins will go to the right place - so I have not tried that

Thanks for the additional information Berel~

Have you changed anything, such as upgrading your printer’s firmware, print driver, etc…?

I see you bought the 1400 keys and capsules over a year ago. If they have been working well for the past year, then suddenly stopped being accepted by your printer, and you have tried everything to get your printer to recognize them, then it may be related to the key/chip age, and I recommend getting a new set of keys to use with your current capsules.

Please let me know your results, and if you have questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

There have been no firmware updates to the printer, our IT people may have upgraded the driver over the summer - however they usually tell me when they do so, and as far as i can see Epson has not updated the 1400 driver since 2012 and that is the version that has been installed all along, - I will order a new set of keys, but I am a bit worried that they won’t work either - I find it a little odd that they would all fail at the same time - is there an “all or nothing” situation with the recognition of the ARC chips?

Hi Berel~

I asked Kelly, who has more experience with the keys and capsules than me, and she explained she has experienced older keys suddenly not read one or sometimes all positions, at which point she installs all new keys and everything works fine again. When she’s had all positions be unrecognized, she hasn’t troubleshooted to determine if one chip had gone bad and was causing the problem. I expect new keys will resolve your issue, or you can use our regular refillable carts, which I personally prefer.

Please keep me posted, and let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

Got busy with other stuff, Update, re the 1400 - I tried a set of OEM carts and they were not recognized either - 1400 is on the shelf for now, with a head still full of piezoflush. I do have the regular carts - and will try it all again when I have more time - In the meanwhile I received a donation of a lightly used 2200 and an M300 which have both been made into BW printers for the semester. I have also converted a recently arrived 4000 also in excellent condition, to a K7 printer - which can do matte or gloss -printed samples of both they look real good - GO will be done with a 7600 which has been semi-retired - I chatted about this with Jon a few months ago, and since there are almost no curves for a 4000 K6 - but enough to do K7 and I had a solution for the GO in the 7600 - my problem now is a curve for the GO - I plan to use the 7600 to also print photogravure plates (DTP) using a single matte black which will be in he K slot - I bought an LK cart for the GO - rest of the carts will have PZF in them. How do I set up a GO curve for the LK position? I looked at the GO curve I have for the 2400, using the chart you can see in QTR to get an idea of what it might look like- - and there is nothing on the chart ? -

I’m curious to hear how things progress with your 1400, since it’s not accepting Epson carts either… It’s great that you have other printers set up and working well.

I have attached a 7600-GO curve that uses GO in the LK channel. For instructions on how to edit the GO curve, please refer to page 20 of the NEW Piezography Manual (http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?130-The-NEW-Piezography-Manual)

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

4000-7600-LK-30000GO.quad.zip (704 Bytes)