One nozzle (PK) completely clogged (4900)

Some models are better than others, and some have constant issues… I wish they still made the previous 4880, 7880/9880 models- they are/were awesome, but the new sensors and other changes they made with the x900 models have caused this line to be troublesome. Sorry I couldn’t help bring your printer back to good working condition, and I wish you the best.

It is not possible to map out a dead ink channel and use for color. :frowning:

But, we can map out the bad channel/s and convert it for use with Piezography as a dedicated black & white printer. :slight_smile: In this case, you need as few as 6 working ink channels.

If you are interested in something like this I have set up an online form here.

I do appreciate the help, despite my thrashing about in my last post. I’m considering getting another 4900 now (have I gone mad?), as I have a set of full ink carts and the refillable carts I got from you folks. I can’t just throw that all away. If I do buy another, there’s absolutely no way I’m not buying the extended service program from epson.

I understand why you’re looking at getting a new 4900, to make use of the carts and inks you have for that model. Yes- if you get any x890 or x900 printer model, certainly get the extended warranty to make sure you’re protected and not in this situation again.

Warmly~ Dana :slight_smile:

Ok, so I bit the bullet and purchased another 4900 (and the bloody extended service plan!). Question is: is it worth keeping the old broken unit to perhaps scrap for parts? I do have room to store the beast.

Great news, I hope this new 4900 works well for you! (and it’s good that you got the extended warranty)
Since you have the space, it may be worth keeping the old printer for parts, though many of the common replacement parts should be replaced with new parts (such as cap/pump/wiper assembly, and ink selector unit).

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: