My initial Piezography woes...and solutions

…and it continues… Was working great. Didn’t print for almost two weeks. Did a nozzle check… Perfect. Calibration Page. Perfect. Print 6 prints. Perfect. Print 6 Go Perfect. Run out of GO and replace… Does a cleaning. Nozzle check awful! Do another Cleaning … Nozzle check worse! Print a couple Calibration pages… Horrible. Have a waste tank so it is not the pads being soaked. WHY AFTER A CLEANING HEADS IT HEADS CLOG UP??? I spend more time fussing with this darn thing than printing and it is getting very frustrating. I know it is not an ink or cart problem, but can anyone give any feedback as to why I always have issues with this printer? TIA - Al Cheech

I can only repeat what I said in reply #20. In these desktop printers, not all nozzle gaps are clogs, especially those that materialise mysteriously after a head cleaning routine. More likely is that some air entered the system during the clean. See my lessons I’ve learnt post, although sadly I don’t have any solutions, other than trying different cartridges.

Al,

If it’s in your budget, Epson is periodically selling 3880’s refurb with full warranty for $749.

I have the best results using refill carts with desktop model printers when I let the printer sit for about 15 minutes after refilling or installing new carts, before doing any cleaning cycles, nozzle checks or prints.

Al, what carts are you using? I may have missed it, but I couldn’t tell from this thread.

I got an R2000 for piezography, and use the R3000 for colour. I got one set of carts for the R2000 from a source other than IJM, and have terrible times with them. Even with piezoflush I get missing nozzles. Then I got a set of carts from IJM, and I have perfect nozzle checks with piezo ink.

Larry