Issues with blockage none ink only, green ink

Thanks, Jon. Looking forward to connecting with Dana. My fear is that the guy is going to put in some epson cartridges and say, “See, they work; the problem is with the carts.”

Then what do I do? I have useless cartridges and over 1000ml of useless ink.

–Kenoli

Hi Kenoli~

I have read thru this thread, and reviewed your order history, in hopes of helping to resolve your issues. I see you’re using the internal bag style carts from 2012. Are you removing air from the internal ink bag, and priming the exit channels with ink by using a syringe and small plastic priming tip (as per our video for that model cart, here: InkjetMall Epson 7900/9900 refillable cartridges.mov - YouTube), or did you use a different tool/method to remove air and prime the carts?

In regards to the carts not being recognized by your printer, are you pushing carts straight in to lock into the cartridge chamber, then closing the cartridge bay doors, or are you pushing carts towards the left side after locking them into the printer, before closing the door? If you haven’t already tried this, please follow the instructions below, and let me know your results, or if you have any questions.

Push 7900 carts to the LEFT for good chip connection/read:
The cartridge manufacturer informed us the carts are slightly wiggly in the cartridge chamber and tend to lean to the right. They suggested pushing carts towards the left may give a better connection between the cartridge chip and printer’s chip sensor, eliminating the error. With both cartridge bay doors open and all refillable cartridges locked into the printer: push all cartridges towards the left, so the bottom/left corner of each cartridge is touching the left edge of the railings in the cartridge chamber. Close the two bay doors, and the printer should then read the chips and pressurize the cartridges. At this time, check the LCD panel to see if all cartridges are correctly recognized by the printer (no error message), then print a nozzle check to make sure all positions are fully printing and the printer functions correctly without displaying any errors.

In regards to the ink flow or clogging issues you’re experiencing recently, how often have you been agitating ink cartridges and using the printer? Between the time you first noticed the green channel wasn’t fully printing, and the Epson tech left after replacing the head and cleaning station, were the other cartridges removed at all?

Please let me know, thanks~ Dana

I understand your fear - but the cartridges were working before and now they are not. So that is probably simple.

As for the outdated ink - just buy an amount that is congruent with what you will use within their shelf life. We sell in bottles as small as 110ml. You really need to print a lot to use 700ml.

Once you’re fixed up - contact me off list and we can talk about getting you set up fresh ink style!

Thanks, Jon. Looking forward to connecting with Dana. My fear is that the guy is going to put in some epson cartridges and say, “See, they work; the problem is with the carts.”

Then what do I do? I have useless cartridges and over 1000ml of useless ink.

–Kenoli

Jon – Thanks. I’ll get in touch when things are worked out.

At this point things pretty much suck, except that this guy is determined to get things working. The printer is not reading cartridges consistently, often rejecting an entire bank, but erratically. He replaced the head again today and the dampers and the scraper, pulled apart the cartridge unit and we are still not getting the printer to accept the carts consistently or produce clean nozzle checks, even with the new ink and an initial fill. He reinstalled the core system thinking it might be corrupted. He is looking to replace the main logic board. He’s a nice guy, though not the brightest but is very conscientious. At this rate, Epson may have to simply replace the printer.

I now have all the unexpired ink installed in two full sets of carts. We have been swapping various ones out when the printer complains about a certain color. He is going to bring some Epson cartridges out to see what they do. I don’t think he is just going to say, “Sorry, get Epson carts,” but I am worried about what will happen if they do work and mine don’t. He’s thinking if they do work, he might be able to work off of that to get mine working. Go figure…

I might have been better off just going to some extended effort to clean the green head. At this point, I don’t know what started all of this and I am completely confused about ink, expiration dates and cartridge chips. A few chips stopped resetting properly and I swapped them out from some empty carts. The way the chips are set in the cartridges are different for different carts and I had to modify one a bit to get it to fit. Hope that isn’t the issue, though I so have one full set with chips as supplied.

–Kenoli

You are using the 2010-2012 design of the 7900/9900 cart and we now sell a system of carts that have better fitment and reliability. Still, three years is a long time for a single set of carts. If there is time, we could outfit you with new cartridges. The soonest we could have new carts there is Friday. But we would need to know before 12pm EST on Thursday. Otherwise, I do think that he will say Sorry, get Epson carts. I think that the carts are not fitting in properly and making good chip contact or the chips have been shorted.

Hi Kenoli~ Did you see my response yesterday afternoon?