Flush patterns for the P400

The Piezography Community Edition comes with a set of purge and flush patterns. I’m interested in the flush patterns, which exercise individual ink channels. The Community Edition has flush patterns for the following inks:

Y, C, GR, K, LC, LK, LLK, LM, M, and OR.

The eight cartridges in my P400 are labeled: Y, M, MK, R, OR, PK, GO, and C.

I assume that the Y pattern (QTR-Y-flush.tif) will use ink from my Y cartridge, and so-on. However I do not see flush patterns for MK, R, PK, or GO in the Community Edition. How do I flush these?

If I ever did want to use a purge pattern, would QTR 8-ink purge.tif be the correct one to use?

I understand that flush and purge patterns are not intended to unclog a printer.

John - See my comments on this post:

I.e. the standard purge and flush files work but the labelling on them is wrong. That post of mine documents the translation from K3 to hi-gloss.

I’ve got a set of purge and flush files in which I’ve reorder and relabelled the columns to match the hi-gloss printers (R1900, R2000, P400), and can post them if you like, although it’s not hard to do. I’ve also left out GO/GCO as you can’t see it on plain paper anyway, it doesn’t seem to cause problems, and given that you use a lot of it printing on PK papers I’d rather not waste it unnecessarily.

Brian,
I used the purge image that you posted a while back. But never tried to decipher how to use the individual flush images. I would greatly appreciate it if you posted your flush images for the P400. I will study how it’s made and hopefully be able to figure out how to make my own in the future.

John, I’ve attached a zip file will a collection of flush images.

There’s an ink separation page which is just the standard one, but minus the column that fires GO/GCO, and with the columns re-ordered and relabelled for the R1900 / R2000 / P400. There’s text at the top that says R1900, but it works for other models as well.

There’s a 7 channel flush image that is just the standard 8 channel one with the same modifications. Again you need to ignore the SEL1 labelling on the Y channel and the NU labelling on the K channel, as this was for P2 inks.

There’s also a set of single channel flush images partly renamed for the three hi-gloss printers. For example, the file “QTR-LC flush - Re 3.tif” is the file that usually comes labelled LC , but which is for the Red channel on the hi-gloss printers, which is shade 3 on K6/K7/P2 inksets. You could amend these file names for Pro inks.

The purge image I posted a while ago was intended to provide maximum agitation, by moving the print head backwards and forwards a lot at 2880 super, but not consume too much ink. It wasn’t ideally suited for flushing and nozzle checking. I’m still working out how best to prevent and cure sedimentation by using that particular purge pattern. I.e. how many do I need to print and in what format. It takes time, as I need to wait until I see some drift in my linearity plots, which is usually about four weeks of little printing, and then try to agitate the inks.

If you look at the ink separation page, and look at the RGB values for each square on each column, the blue value is always 255, the red value signals which channel to fire, and the green value signals how much of the channel to fire, with 0 being 100% and 255 being 0%. But you these files should be sufficient, you shouldn’t need to dive into the RGB numbers, which are a code that QTR uses in calibration mode.

R1900 R2000 P400 flush images.zip (427.8 KB)