Blocked yellow channel - bad pump assembly?

The Pump Cap Assembly https://www.compassmicro.com/parts_detail.cfm?ID=4048&form.mfg=Epson&form.printerstyle=Inkjet&form.printername=Stylus%20Pro%207800 is made up of the Pump, the Capping Station and should be a wiper blade, but for some reason it says to replace the Wiper blade with this unit https://www.compassmicro.com/parts_detail.cfm?ID=4050&form.mfg=Epson&form.printerstyle=Inkjet&form.printername=Stylus%20Pro%207800. In addition the Flushing Box is a separate unit that is housed directly to the left of the Capping Station, that should be replaced at the same time https://www.compassmicro.com/parts_detail.cfm?ID=4950&form.mfg=Epson&form.printerstyle=Inkjet&form.printername=Stylus%20Pro%207800

So, you will need:
Pump Cap Assembly
Wiper Blade
Flushing Box Right

You can reuse the tubes for both the Pump Assembly and the Flushing box, take care not to crimp these tubes and make sure you connect them to their respective locations for draining of ink, otherwise you will have a BIG mess on your hands. If you need a repair manual you can purchase it through 2manuals.com http://www.2manuals.com
/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=881

I replaced these parts and used the flush kit to put Piezoflush through the head. Upon starting up the printer I receive a service call message 00010035 regarding the pump head assembly. Service manual says to either replace pump cap assembly (which I just did), or the main board. Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting, or is it time to give up on the machine?

I suggest opening the printer back up and checking all the connections to make sure everything is tight with the new pump cap assembly you installed.

After checking the pump cap assembly connections, the printer is operating again. Unfortunately the yellow channel is still almost completely blocked. The other channels are working better now with perfect or 99% perfect nozzle checks. Is there any other things to try?

Could a defective cartridge cause the problem? I purchased a new yellow cart from IJM to try, but I have not tried it yet… I noticed the IJM carts for 7800 does not have internal plastic bag inside that seems to pressurize the carts. The carts I use from dtgprinter parts have these internal bags…they look like the pictures of IJM carts for the 9890 printers.

Is your printer’s pressurization pump turning on frequently while the printer sits idle?
When you flushed the yellow channel of the print head using our print head cleaning kit, was there resistance, or did PiezoFlush flow easily thru the head?
There are many different cartridge designs, and we have tested most if not all of them, and sell the cartridges we feel work best.

Please let me know so I can help you resolve this and get back to happily printing.
Warmly~ Dana

The pump isn’t turning on at idle. I didn’t notice any resistance with the flush flowing through the head.

This is what my nozzle checks look like. The yellow channel drops out more and more…I’m up to nozzle check #5 where Yellow is 90% missing.

Hi candela~

I am going to send you a fresh bottle of ink, as well as a new cartridge and damper. I would like you to discard your current cartridge and WN#1 ink, and use the new cart/ink in it’s place.
Since you have already replaced the dampers, you know the procedure to follow. I would like you to remove the yellow/WN#1 cartridge from your printer, then with dampers disconnected from the head, use the 60ml syringe you have to manually draw ink thru the damper/line until the line is empty, then insert the new cart with fresh ink (prime cartridge exit channel first), and again use the syringe to manually fill the line with fresh ink, then replace the damper. While the dampers are disconnected from the head, I recommend gently flushing the yellow channel with your PiezoFlush print head cleaning kit, before reconnecting the dampers and putting the printer back together. Once the printer is back together, do a few regular cleaning cycles, then print a nozzle check to see how things look.

Please let me know if you have questions, how your yellow channel looks after doing this procedure, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Warmly~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you Dana - I’ll look for a package from you and report on my findings. Please let me know if you need my shipping info.

You’re very welcome, and thanks for reporting your findings. I processed the shipment with your default address, is this correct?

Best~ Dana

Yes, default address is correct. Thanks again!