3880 will not recognize two sets of carts

This is what you stated

I used packing tape to secure the reset chips on all of the flush carts. It turns out that positions 4,7 and 8 were difficult to install because of the tape job

You stated the Flush carts were all recognized. Then you installed ALL K7 carts and NONE of them were recognized.

The tape job on the Flush carts, which were originally recognized could have damaged your chip read sensor(s). After damaging the chip read sensor(s) from the tape job, the printer no longer recognized the K7 cartridges you installed. There is a possibility that 1 of the positions is causing the error for all the other, normally this isn’t the case.

Is this accurate information I am extracting from your previous posts?
1.Installed Flush carts, all recognized with tape applied to control chips 2.Flushed printer successfully
3.Installed K7 carts into printer
4.NO carts recognized, including OEM cartridges
5.Cannot reset printer

Here’s the order of events as best I can remember;

1. Ran an OEM nozzle check, it worked well
  2. Installed Flush carts w/o tape, all carts recognized, flushed printer successfully and ran a successful nozzle check
  3. Installed K7 carts
  4. No carts recognized, including OEM cartridges, can not reset the printer
  5. Ran a series of printer re-set procedures, ran some process by elimination tests recommended by InkjetMall tech
  6. Can not reset printer
  7. Repeated flush set install w/o tape
  8. Can not reset the printer
  9. Taped the top of the flush set trying to solve a “carts not easy to remove” problem and then installed again
  10. Cannot reset printer

Per our conversation, we established that there was another factor involved in the process that lead you to this point.

At the time you switched from the Flush carts over to the K7 carts, you also installed a New epson waste tank before your other read empty. I talked to Dana about this and she agreed it shouldn’t have caused your printer to lock you out, BUT as you know, anything is possible at this point.

I asked you to remove the C & LK control chips from your K7 carts and replace them with the known good ones from your Flush carts. Then install the K7 cartridges one at a time into your known good printer to diagnose the faulty cartridge(s). Once we establish which carts are giving you trouble with recognition we will gladly replace them.

Then, swap your maintenance tanks between each printer and install the OEM cartridges into the locked out printer to see if you can run the reset sequence with any results.

I suspect there is a either faulty software inside the printer OR a damaged chip read sensor on the C or LK position causing recognition errors and not allowing you to reset the printer. Either way, I would like to get the cartridges replaced that are ill fitting for you, so when you have your new to you 3880 you will have a fully functioning set of Flush & K7 carts available to use.

Any news to report on your progress so far??

Hello,

I am having similar issues.
I was able to instal K6/DN and Flush carts to 6 ink positions on my 3880 successfully.
(I do have issue with the chip resetter sticking out a bit higher than the OEM cartridges so the removing carts are not so easy.)
I am now trying to switch back to OEM, but the printer is behaving very strangely to the chips.

From the Piezography cartridges I took out the original chips under chip resetters then placed back to old OEM cartridges.
LC was almost empty, so I used a new cartridge.
I placed them into 3880.

1. Two ink positions showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (C, M)

2. I put two new OEM cartridges.

3. Four other position showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (MK, LK, LLK, LM, Y)

4. I replaced LC with the old OEM.

5. Then the new M showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error!

6. I tried 3 minutes power off.

7. More or less the same things happened.

8. I did another 3 minutes power off.

9. I put Piezograohy ink carts to the two positions. (C, M)

10. One different position showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (LK)

11. I did another 3 minutes power off. (All the chip reading connectors are just like the picture from Kelly at #18.)

12. I placed all Piezo carts and they are all recognized with no problem. (Strange thing is the maintenance tank is now reset to 100% new, while it’s almost filled up with waste ink.)

I guess I need to use this printer exclusively for Piezography…

Hello,

I am having similar issues.
I was able to instal K6/DN and Flush carts to 6 ink positions on my 3880 successfully.
(I do have issue with the chip resetter sticking out a bit higher than the OEM cartridges so the removing carts are not so easy.)
I am not trying to switch back to OEM, but it looks like the something fooled the printer irreversibly…

I took out the original chips under chip resetters then placed back to old OEM set.
LC was almost empty, so I used a new cartridge.
I placed them into 3880.

1. Two ink positions showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (C, M)

2. I put two new OEM cartridges.

3. Four other position showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (MK, LK, LLK, LM, Y)

4. I replaced LC with the old OEM.

5. Then the new M showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error!

6. I tried 3 minutes power off.

7. More or less the same things happened.

8. I did another 3 minutes power off.

9. I put Piezograohy ink carts to the two positions. (C, M)

10. One different position showed “NO INK CARTRIDGE” error. (LK)

11. I did another 3 minutes power off. (All the chip reading connectors are just like the picture from Kelly at #18.)

12. I placed all Piezo carts and they are all recognized with no problem. (Strange thing is the maintenance tank is now reset to 100%, while it’s almost filled up with waste ink.)

I guess I need to use this printer exclusively for Piezography…
(I bought the system because Wells said there is no problem switching back and forth between Piezo and OEM!!!)
BTW I still haven’t made any good silver print yet using digital negatives…