Epson 9600 print length

I have an Epson 9600 using Qimage. Can anyone describe a workaround for making prints longer than 80+ inches? I need to print 96x44 prints. Thank anyone who can help.

I think print tool on the Mac will do this for the 9600. You need more than 4 gigs of ram though.

Sorry, don’t know the exact reqs for qimage and this printer.

-Walker

Thank you sir. I am PC rather than Mac.

It is possible to do this in Qimage, but only for certain printers.

Qimage is not a RIP, only a colour management, resizing, layout and sharpening engine. It prints via the printer driver. You need to have the banner mode option in the driver, and in my experience only printers that have a roll paper option in the driver have the banner mode option.

If you do then you’re in luck. If not, then some RIPs will give you the option to print longer than the driver’s maximum page length. I have used Printfab to print panoramas longer than the 95 cm (~37.4 inch) limit on my 3880, which doesn’t have the banner option because it doesn’t have a roll paper option.

My understanding is that there may be limits in the Epson driver other than simply length. I have read about maximum pixel limits. I think that Qimage will overcome these because the technique described in that link breaks the image into a series of pages that it prints without any gap. I’m fairly sure that Printfab is one of those RIPs that is completely separate from the driver.