Epson 4800 still not working after 5 INIT FIIL cycles

After 5 INIT FILL cycles with PiezoFlush I’m still printing white to faint pink lines during a nozzle check. I noticed that the Flush is going through 2 of 8 lines to the carriage assy but 6 of the 8 lines are empty. While looking at those same 6 lines at the front of the printer by the ribbon I see they have lots of air in them.

FYI…prior to using the PiezoFlush I cleaned the capping station with another clear solvent and that solvent ran through the capping station OK without pooling. It cleaned up the capping pad too. The capping station is of course now red from the PiezoFLush but not pooling. So at this time I’m not suspecting pump problems.

Question 1 - Time to replace the dampers?
Question 2 - If I replace the dampers, can I manually prime the dampers with PiezoFlush?
Question 3 - As long as the print head is out, can I soak-waterfall clean the print head with PiezoFlush?

Thanks in advance

Question 1 - Time to replace the dampers?

Yes. Especially if they have never been replaced before.

Question 2 - If I replace the dampers, can I manually prime the dampers with PiezoFlush?

No! This can damage the thin film of the damper!

Question 3 - As long as the print head is out, can I soak-waterfall clean the print head with PiezoFlush?

Yes. I advice this too but do it incredibly carefully because there is exposed wires on the top that can’t get wet.

@IJM_TechSupport

Thanks for the heads up on the dampers. I was about to do a stupid thing!

Just to be clear, always prime the dampers with INK and not PiezioFlush…GOT IT!

The ink carts that were in there are 1/2 full. I’ve also ordered a new set of all ink 8 carts. My strategy would be:

1 To purge all of the PiezioFlush out of the lines while I have them disconnected before putting in the new dampers. Then,
2. Put in the new dampers and use the 1/2 full ink carts to my advantage to manually prime the lines and the new dampers with INK. Then,
3. CAREFULLY (as suggested) to waterfall clean the print head. Then,
4. Reassemble and keep my fingers crossed.

Sound like a good plan?

Thanks again is advance!

You do not need to manually prime anything when you replace the dampers. The printer does that much better. Just make sure your carts have their vent tabs open whenever you do anything (printing or otherwise) because this is an un-pressurized printer.

Replace the damper set, pull the head and flush it (manually).

Put it all back together, run 1 or 2 maintenance cleanings (no need to do initial fill) and check nozzles. Let sit overnight with flush and do again in the morning.

best,
Walker