Need my hand held. Epson P400

I am starting to think that purchasing a P400 was a mistake. First off I have mild TBI so I do not retain information very well anymore, unless I do something in repetition. That being said. I am having several issues with QTR and Piezography. I read the Piezography manual 4 times over the weekend, installed QTR and Piezography community edition. But still cannot print images the proper way. I am thinking I need to uninstall everything and have someone hold my hand while setting everything up.

Dear Chris.

Probably the best place to look first is the quickstart videos here: Piezography Getting Started Guides (Windows & Mac)

If you are on a Mac it’s pretty straight forward. On a PC, there may be a bug that just cropped up this weekend. If you are using P400 for Piezo on Windows you need to use the R2000 curve folder for it to work.

If you have specific questions about getting started feel free to ask them.

best,
Walker

Walker,

I am on a Mac running 10.12.6. Epson P400. Piezo Special edition inkset. Cone Papers.
Installed QTR, Print Tool and Piezo Community edition.
I only installed the Epson Driver for my printer, no other downloads from Epson. Was this correct?
From QTR Roy Harrington said to rename the install command in R200 to P400=R2000. Should I not have run the print driver install from QTR?
Which printer install package should I run from Piezo community edition? Or none at all and only the R200 curves?

Thank you for your help.

Chris

If you go to the >Piezography>Curves-HD>P400-K6 (or P400-P2 if you have a P2 ink configuration) folder you will see that the install command is already renamed for you. Just double click it to install the printer/curves.

best,
Walker

Can I print both matte and glossy with the P2 curves? Or do I need the P400-K6 as well for matte?

Thank you again,
Chris

I assume you are using normal Piezography ink (not Pro ink).

I looked up your sales info. You have a P2 ink set.

Your PK ink should be in the Yellow position (Matte Black ink should be in the Photo Black position), use the P2 curves. This allows for matte/gloss printing without switching K ink on the printer.

best,
Walker

Yes. I have PK in the yellow pos.

Sorry for all of the trouble. And again, thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Chris

Walker,

I am up and printing now!

Now if I can just figure out my print orientation in Print Tool. My print is starting about three inches into the sheet and stopping midway through printing and then jamming.

Everything is in perfect working order now.

Thank you so much Walker.

Best regards,
Chris

Just feed from the top. You’ll be fine.

best,
Walker